Sunday, March 3, 2013

Top Ten: Spring Training Hats 2013


Many teams have unveiled sick spring training/ batting practice hats and I took the liberty of listing my ten favorite. Hopefully this will help you with your next addition to your collection.

10. Philadelphia Phillies

They kept the same logo but they did a great job switching up the color scheme.


9. Tampa Bay Rays

I don't know what the star looking thing has to do with a "Devil Ray," but I give them points for creativity and uniqueness. 
8. Seattle Mariners

I love the trident and the simplicity of the hat.












7. Colorado Rockies

Not a big fan of purple in uniforms but I think its pretty cool that they incorporated a different logo.












6. Houston Astros

I'm a big fan of the resurgence of their old logo. The orange cap may be a little obnoxious for some people, but I think it's really cool. 

5. Toronto Blue Jays

The Blue Jays are the only team in the MLB from Canada, so I love that they are representing their county with their spring training hats. The hats are very simple and very cool. 
4. New York Mets

Wow, super cool hat, love the logo. 

 
3. Cincinnati Redlegs

Another old school logo, very similar to the Mets' hat but the Reds get the edge because they have better colors.

















2. Oakland Athletics

The Athletics are also known as "the White Elephants" or simply "the Elephants", in reference to then New York Giants' manager John Mcgraw calling the team a "white elephant"




1. Atlanta Braves

The most unique hat of the bunch, but the Braves received deserved criticism for their depiction of a Native American which caused them to strip this design and go with their typical "A." Racism aside, I think it's a really really cool hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment